Saturday 21 July 2012

Simple Truths

Why is it that when presented with a fait accompli the human condition seemingly defaults to an inherent scepticism despite the obvious truths, preferring instead to believe in conspiracy theories and alternate explanations of the facts?

I am not making a moral judgement here, but I am trying to understand what it is about the Magnotta Case that lends so many people to entertain a belief that there is more to the case than is apparent from the established facts and plethora of evidential information proliferated across the web, allegedly written and/or posted by the prime suspect.

I have, myself, been disposed towards a somewhat sceptical view of some aspects of this case (I guess in some ways I still am) and I admit to struggling to comprehend the sheer scale of Luka Magnotta's web activities and how all this may or may not relate to the events leading upto Jun Lin's murder on 24th May 2012.

I am reminded though that sometimes in life things really are as straightforward as they seem, so maybe it is more a matter of reconciling ourselves to the simple truths in order to better understand the wider overview of the complexities of this case.

I guess only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment